Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sweet, Sovereign Lord


How many times in my Christian walk have I claimed to have faith and yet lived like I don't have a clue what it is? In my devotions, I've been in Revelation and also studying on love. These studies have all led me to see God's complete sovereignty and glory at work in the past and in my life in the present and through His word in the future.
Todd and I have been struggling to find support, or even finding a church that wants to talk to us. But God has been such a blessing in providing for us. I applied for a few jobs and got a callback on one from Von Maur. After my phone interview, I was on pins and needles waiting for a call back saying I got the job. I mean, I obviously needed the job, and God knew that. But, I was corrected through His Holy Word. Who cares if I don't have a job? Like God can't work through us and for us if I don't have one. His eye is on even the lowly sparrow. Why in the world did I think that I could help support our family and ministry with a job. God does that.
Completely convicted, I went before God and gave Him the whole situation. If He wanted me to have a job, I would get one. If not, than He would provide in another way. Well, lo and behold, a few days later I had an interview with Payless shoes, and then a second interview. Still waiting to hear news on it, but I'm not stressing. God is in control. Not only does God answer our prayers, He blesses us when we don't expect it and definitely don't deserve it. Some one in our church gave us a check for a good sum of money. I'm completely humbled by His love. God is worthy of my praise, your praise, and He is deserving of my love, which is completely His forever. Praise His holy name!!!

1 comment:

  1. thank you for sharing your thoughts. i am praying for you guys and your ministry!!

    ReplyDelete